District Msn. Ollie Powell
District Missionary Ollie Powell
District Missionary Ollie Powell was appointed as the District Missionary of the Number Seven District in January, in the year of 2003. District Missionary Ollie Powell has been a member of Zion Chapel Church of God In Christ. She faithfully served under the leadership of the late Superintendent Earnest Joseph Johnson and current pastor, Elder David Johnson
Since her appointment, District Seven has achieved the following accomplishments:
- We have collected and distributed nonperishable food and clothing to Rescue Missions and Shelters in the counties of Claiborne, Copiah, Hinds, Jefferson, and Warren.
- Make ongoing financial contributions to St. Jude Hospital in Memphis, TN; the Children’s Hospital and Salvation Army in Jackson, MS; Paralyzed Veterans; Wounded Warriors, etc.
- Care packages have been distributed to the Trinity Mission Health and Rehab of Clinton, MS; Brookhaven Nursing Home; and Vicksburg Convalescent Home, etc.
- Organized an annual Senior Citizen’s Day for the seniors in our district
- Kept spiritually united weekly by way of teleconference for the past thirteen (13) months with our Youth and Adults alternating each Saturday
- Nursing Home Ministry once each month until the pandemic shut us off
- Many other outreach projects at various places and times
District Number Seven is yet doing well under the leadership of my present Pastor, Elder David Earl Johnson, Sr; District Superintendent, Elder J. R. Williams; Supervisor Frankie Davis Murray; and Prelate, Bishop Daniel Titus Littleton.
To God be the glory for all of the marvelous things He has done, is doing, and will do for us.